- Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, Universidad de Santiago de Chile USACH, 2019 - present.
- Associate Researcher, VRIDEI-USACH, 2014 - 2019
- Harvard University, Postdoctoral Researcher, 2012-2014
- University of British Columbia, PhD 2012
Honors & Awards
- Inserción en la Academia Award, Conicyt, 2014
- Four Year Fellowship, University of British Columbia, 2009
- Gladys Estella Laird Fellowship, University of British Columbia, 2007
- Best Student of Chemistry Award, Universidad de Chile, 2007
Felipe obtained a BSc in Chemistry from Universidad de Chile in 2007. Together with his wife, he moved to beautiful Vancouver to carry out doctoral studies in the group of Roman Krems at the University of British Columbia, where he obtained a PhD in Chemistry in 2012. After a brief joint postdoctoral position with Sabre Kais at Purdue University and Alán Aspuru-Guzik at Harvard University, he continued his postdoctoral work in the Aspuru-Guzik group. In 2014, Felipe was awarded a competitive Conicyt PAI grant to start his current independent research position at the Department of Physics in USACH.
Felipe is also a husband and a father of a curious kid who enjoys stepping into his dad´s office to teach him about anharmonic potential energy surfaces.